Tuesday, September 1, 2009

edu3234-1st day of position paper's presentation

1/9/09
The presentation of our so-called “debatable” position paper started this evening. Before the class begin, I feel quite nervous as I’m afraid that my name would be on the list to present today. Fortunately, Miss Dzeelfa decided to start with students at the end of the name lists. I’m so grateful for this since I need more time to complete my final drafts. I faced difficulty in deciding the third supporting point in my position paper. I spent quite some time to really think thoroughly on it and this makes me feel a bit exhausted. As for the lesson today, I’m quite impressed with Su Ynn’s work especially on the organization of her supporting points. Ah Nya as a girlfriend, Ah Nya as a daughter, and Ah Nya as a mother are the three splendid ideas presented by Su Ynn today. I also noticed another fantastic effort by Jolyne. She worked on a poem by John Keat, entitled “Ode to Nightingale”. She performed an in-depth analysis on the poem and she looked like she really put her mind and soul while presenting her points. Other than that, I am also aware of a few presenters who failed to show connection between their thesis statements and supporting details.

No comments: