Tuesday, September 29, 2009

edu3234 speeches

Today, I learnt about rhetoric speeches. This type of speech is actually employed by politicians and activists hence its purpose is to persuade through speaking and writing. Miss Dzeelfa provided us with examples of how to utilize this kind of speech into classroom learning. I am ont surprised with expected responses from my fellow classmates about this speech. Majority of them are shocked to see the lengthy speeches that we have to read.

In this colloction of speech by many prominent figure, I am impressed with Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech. He highlights the dream of Afican American. I thought the sentence 'I have a dream today' affected me in such an amazing way. So, I wondered about African-Amerrican's feeeling as well when they listened to his speech,definitely, many of them will love it it.

My group's task for today is analyzing Earl of Spencer's speech for obituary of Diana, Princess of Wales. Seeing at the title itself made me eager to read the whole speech. After all, I am relieved as the speech is not too long.

I realized that using speech by famous people can actually help teacers to activate their student's schemata. They may have already knew bits and pieces about J.F Kennedy and Diana, Princess of Wales, for example. This speech also broadens our students' knowledge abour politics and history. The students also may get inspired after listening to this speeches of influential figures.

No comments: